Need help picking a Toto Toilet/Washlet Drake 776 vs Aquia vs Ultramax

Users who are viewing this thread

Brannon

Reaction score
Hey guys (Terry)

Few questions about Toto Toilets with the washlet built in. I'm trying to decide between the Aquia IV 1.28gpf, the Ultramax 1.28gpf or the new Drake 776 1.6gpf toilets.
I've never owned a high end toiler or a bidet (excited to try one out!)
Price isn't as big of a concern.
Most importantly we would like a standard height toilet with the best flushing power.
A 1 piece toilets with a skirt like the Aquia/Ultramax would be nice but does the new Drake 1.6 toilet flush better then the Aquia/ultramax as I've hread concerning things about the dynamax tornado flushing system?
Is there a better option that we are overlooking?
Should I not worry about the integrated bidet that hides the hose?
What is a sweet spot for the washlet? We were looking at the s500e with auto flush (does this work well?)

Thanks guys!!!
Brannon

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I converted to a bidet user 6yrs ago when I moved into an office with one installed. Totally convinced now.

I don't have great firsthand knowledge of most of those toilets listed, but I've not had any negative feedback from customers with their toto toilets. I did install the Drake dual flush at my home and have experienced the skidmarking that seems to have doomed that toilet. But its always flushed great and I've Never once used the Number 2 flush, only the 1gal flush every time. I'll probably install the 776 bowl to replace it at some point.

If you have the choice in the T40 hole in your bowl, I would prefer that myself. I don't think it adds any cost, but it does sorta lock you into either covering it with a bidet seat or the soft close seat with a larger footprint designed to cover that hole.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have done well with the Drake II CST454 and the new 2021 Drake look good too, CST776
The Aquia IV has less water in the bowl, so more work with a brush.
The Ultramax II MS604 is a good series.

There isn't a bad Washlet. And they do spoil you.

Brannon

Reaction score
I’m ordered the CST776 with the 1.6 gallons per flush along with the s500e bidet. I will give it a review once I have it for a while. Thank you guys for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks