Need Help in Identifying Valve & Finding Replacement Trim

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Lending A Hand, Jun 17, 2008.

  1. Lending A Hand

    Lending A Hand New Member

    Jun 17, 2008
    Real Estate & Construction
    I am trying to help an 'out of town' friend with her plumbing issue (via email). She is trying to swap out the existing trim in her tub (brass) with new brushed nickel trim, without replacing the valve. We have attempted to identify the manufacturer of the valve, but we have not found any identification on the exposed stems or trim. We are now hoping that someone may be able to identify the mfr. from the pictures or description. Or point us in a direction where we might find universal replacement trim.

    The existing valve is a two handle controlled valve. The stems have a ribbed end (similar to a gear). The lever handle is 3/4" deep to the female end which receives the ribbed end and the stem cover. It is secured with a #10 course thread screw. The stem cover (threaded) is 2 1/2" long and the escutcheon is 3" wide. We will also need to replace the tub spout (5" long), shower arm/head, overflow plate (3" wide) and the drain cap (3") with a center screw.

    Please see the attached photos. If you might be able to help us identify the mfr., we would appreciate the help. Thanks.

    Attached Files:

  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    What you appear to have is a Price Pfister. The only valve more common than this one is the older PP Windsor/Verve. Any plumbing store, even blue or orange, will have some brush nickle trim which fits this. Look on the PP website for possibilities
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    It is a Price Pfister valve. It can be upgraded to the new "lifetime" ceramic stems. It is fairly easy to do, but if not done properly can destroy the piece in the wall so it might be best to have a plumber do it, after you go to Home Depot or another retailer and get the new Price Pfister valve with the trim you like.
Similar Threads: Need Help
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help not sure if I screwed up Oct 8, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need Help with Main Supply Repipe and Greenhouse Supply Sep 7, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need Help local well guy stumped Aug 11, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help with bottle drain installation Jul 26, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Help needed with Kitchen Plumbing/ Vents Jul 7, 2017

Share This Page