Need help identifying Tub valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Chris McNamara, Jul 12, 2015.

  1. Chris McNamara

    Chris McNamara New Member

    Jul 12, 2015
    Please help me identify my leaking tub valve (steady stream coming from the tub filler faucet). I would like to repair this by myself as I believe it is most likely bad rubber gasket(s) but I need help with the manufacturer so that I can source the gaskets. Thanks for your time! Chris

    Attached Files:

  2. hj

    hj Master Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Valves like that do NOT have "gaskets". You find the manufacturer and replace the entire cartridge. you will probably have to remove the cartridge and take it to a supply store to identify a source for it.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Caduceus

    Caduceus Master Plumber

    Oct 16, 2013
    Just a Plumber
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That looks like an American Standard R110SS cartridge. Google the image for it and compare for yourself. You will need to replace the cartridge. Maybe American Standard customer service can assist in getting one if you have limited resources in your area. Be sure to shut off the water to the shower/tub before removing.
Similar Threads: Need help
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Briggs Mfg. Barry Walter Co, Need help identifying bath stem Friday at 4:29 PM
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Delta 600, Need help with shower. Have to push handle to right now to go off. Jul 17, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Sigma 1/2" thermostatic Devon, Help Id shower valve - cartridge needed Jul 8, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Grohe 47041, Need help identifying this Grohe valve Jun 4, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Need help identifying tub mounted faucet May 25, 2021

Share This Page