Need help identifying Tub valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Chris McNamara, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Chris McNamara

Chris McNamara New Member

Please help me identify my leaking tub valve (steady stream coming from the tub filler faucet). I would like to repair this by myself as I believe it is most likely bad rubber gasket(s) but I need help with the manufacturer so that I can source the gaskets. Thanks for your time! Chris

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    Valves like that do NOT have "gaskets". You find the manufacturer and replace the entire cartridge. you will probably have to remove the cartridge and take it to a supply store to identify a source for it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Caduceus

Caduceus Master Plumber

Just a Plumber
    That looks like an American Standard R110SS cartridge. Google the image for it and compare for yourself. You will need to replace the cartridge. Maybe American Standard customer service can assist in getting one if you have limited resources in your area. Be sure to shut off the water to the shower/tub before removing.