Need help identifying Tub valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris McNamara

Reaction score
Please help me identify my leaking tub valve (steady stream coming from the tub filler faucet). I would like to repair this by myself as I believe it is most likely bad rubber gasket(s) but I need help with the manufacturer so that I can source the gaskets. Thanks for your time! Chris

Attachments

• IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4095.JPG
    IMG_4095.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4096.JPG
    IMG_4096.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 250

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Valves like that do NOT have "gaskets". You find the manufacturer and replace the entire cartridge. you will probably have to remove the cartridge and take it to a supply store to identify a source for it.

Caduceus

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Please help me identify my leaking tub valve (steady stream coming from the tub filler faucet). I would like to repair this by myself as I believe it is most likely bad rubber gasket(s) but I need help with the manufacturer so that I can source the gaskets. Thanks for your time! Chris
That looks like an American Standard R110SS cartridge. Google the image for it and compare for yourself. You will need to replace the cartridge. Maybe American Standard customer service can assist in getting one if you have limited resources in your area. Be sure to shut off the water to the shower/tub before removing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks