Need Help identifying this plumbing piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

CarlaSim

Reaction score
Hi. I don't know anything about plumbing so forgive me. Could someone tell me the name of this white ring at end of the pipe? Is the white piece and the metal ring all one piece? Also I see that it keeps the connector from coming loose from the pipe when the connector is screwed on so is it hard to get that white ring permanently attached? What type of tool do you use to attach the ring. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• DSC00180.JPG
    DSC00180.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 220

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that part of a toilet supply line that screws into a toilet? Toilet supply lines are usually replaced as an assembly.

CarlaSim

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the reply. No, its for the hot water leading to through the bathroom from the water heater

CarlaSim

Reaction score
Here are both parts. I assume that white part is a bushing or something.

Attachments

• DSC00184.JPG
    DSC00184.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 212

CarlaSim

Reaction score
OK. I'll try somewhere else to find out how to replace that metal ring with that cone because that where the leak is from. I’m not sure if they used a crimping type tool or what. Thanks for the response’s.

CarlaSim

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to reply hj and Smooky for the links. It is very similar to those cone with the washers. The metal ring on this old pipe is like those washers only it has little bracket like ends around it that is keeping it stuck to the pipe. I am afraid to try to move it because I don't know if I could get it back on tight like before then I will be really screwed. It apparently was all the way through before because a piece of the pipe was broke off when I unscrewed the connectors. Maybe from them crimping that metal ring on there and the pipe being so old it broke that end off. I am just going to have to rig something up to slow the leak. Thanks for the responses and talking the time to help me.

CarlaSim

Reaction score
OMG! Thank you CountryBumkin!!!! I know the name of that ring now. It's a grip ring!! Thank you so much I couldn't find it anywhere. God Bless you for taking the time to help me!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks