Need help identifying pitless adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Poindexter

Reaction score
My well pump is on its way out, but I can't identify or figure out how to remove the pitless. Can anyone here identify and give helpful hints on how this pitless is removed?

There is a 1in male stub in the middle, i was able to thread a 1" to 1/2" which can be seen in the picture.

It won't turn and gives no indication of lifting.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20190603_165721.jpg
    20190603_165721.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 236

Reach4

Reaction score
here is a 1in male stub in the middle, i was able to thread a 1" to 1/2" which can be seen in the picture.
What is that that can be seen in the picture?

Is that dark shape at the 7:30 position your light source?

I think you have a spool-type pitless, but I don't know what that unit is. Most have female threads for the lifting pipe, and you have male threads, if I understand. You may need 2 people lifting on a T-handle, but you really should have somebody with a hoist do it. That pro can do it without injury.

I think you would want to be prepared to replace the two o-rings when you reinstall. I hope somebody can ID that pitless for you.

Steve Poindexter

Reaction score

I think you have a spool-type pitless, but I don't know what that unit is. Most have female threads for the lifting pipe, and you have male threads, if I understand. You may need 2 people lifting on a T-handle, but you really should have somebody with a hoist do it. That pro can do it without injury.

I think you would want to be prepared to replace the two o-rings when you reinstall. I hope somebody can ID that pitless for you.

Yes that is my source light. I am a general contractor so I am confident I can do it myself. I just didn't want to break something and end up having to dig down 10ft to replace the entire pitless.

I attempted to use an ATV jack on the T-handle to apply even pressure to see it it would even move. I stopped when i felt like i was applying too much pressure and there must be some kind of release mechanism.

After applying the pressure I did get some leaking. Maybe i just need to apply more? Once i have it out I can reverse engineer how it goes back in, i just don't want to break it take it out

Steve Poindexter

Reaction score

THANK YOU.

I researched spool type and i believe you are correct. I found other threads and it looks like that's what i have.

So it just needs more pressure to break free.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks