Need help fixing a weak kitchen sink sprayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawndh

Hack of All Trades
Reaction score
Okay. So, when we bought the house back in 2009, all the fixtures appear to have been updated to some nice looking brass/chrome stuff throughout. Heavy and seems quality but I've been having issues with them frequently. Problem is, it's hard to identify who makes the stuff. So after some research and several trips to the hardware store I've found that the kitchen stems that fit/match are Glacier Bay. That brand is part of some conglomerate (Global or something) that makes a bunch of house brands for Home Depot. Anyway, I was able to find the stems, and a replacement sprayer hose (which had failed and leaked) but the hose was a Danze brand?! It was the only one I could find and it fit perfectly. But after installing I'm still having issues with weak spay - water still comes out of the faucet as the sprayer is in use. So, is that a sprayer issue or the valve at the bottom of the faucet? I have a few pics to illustrate what I'm looking at. I have no model numbers or anything to reference so I'm kinda lost. Wife wants to keep it because she can't find anything else that's solid like this and we have 4 holes in the granite already. Hates the plate thing. Please let me know what I can do about the sprayer.

IMG_9687 is under the faucet with the sprayer attached at the bottom with the pipe tape. Just installed it and can't find any info on that valve. It has a sticker that has 44860 on it and that's all.

IMG_9687.JPG
IMG_9684.JPG
IMG_9682.JPG
IMG_9681 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Faucets with sprayers (speaking generally) typically have a "diverter" somewhere in the body of the spout.
Good luck finding it and finding the replacement. I am going to guess you'd have to pull the spout to really investigate w/o a parts blowup.

Shawndh

Hack of All Trades
Reaction score
Well now I got worse issues. The sprayer is leaking causing a mess on the counter top. None of the orings I have fit in it. I’ve just removed the hose from the valve at the spout and capped it with a 1/4” pipe thread cap until I can figure out how to stop it from leaking. I’m afraid, I’m going to have to replace this thing. Nothing but a PIA since we got here.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tags on the Hot / Cold are a telltale sign of the manufacturer, but I can't quite recall whose tags those are.. BUT.. Side sprayers are notorious for being low quality and failing often.

I second the recommendation for a single handle faucet with a gooseneck pull down sprayer.

Shawndh

Hack of All Trades
Reaction score
Which brands do you recommend? Delta, Moen, American Standard, or Kohler. How do they stack up as far as quality?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had a Grohe pull-down faucet since 2021 that has worked fine. I did need to replace a flow restrictor that cracked when my brother-in-law pulled really hard on the hose.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We install a Lot of Delta Trinsic touch and no touch kitchen faucets, we have the touch version in our office kitchen to use as a working display. We also install a Lot of Kohler Simplice faucets.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Glacier bay has a really good warranty. They will likely ship you a new one. Give them a tech support call. Equipment still under warranty = yank and replace it

Shawndh

Hack of All Trades
Reaction score
We ended up getting a Moen Sleek 7864 pull down with a matching soap dispenser. Had to cut my losses with the Pegasus/Glacier Bay faucet. Much simpler setup.

BE70D95C-05E5-4458-921E-6336CADCB6A4.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks