Need Help Finding Old Parts - Handle, Trim, and Bonnet/Spindle(?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon Herron

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I have have a 50s - 60s era bathtub and shower, and both handles are clearly stripped and corroded as it takes some effort to keep the water from running constantly. I've tried hunting around for replacement parts (simply replacing the handles won't do) to no avail. I was hoping someone might be able to pass along a resource or store that I haven't gotten ahold of yet.

I'm unsure of the brand of the parts or the shower, unfortunately.

I will attach pics of the parts, and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Tub Repair.jpg

Tub Repair 2.jpg

Last edited:

DIYorBust

Reaction score
You can probably find a replacement for that stem, but maybe you can rebuild it. I'd take it apart clean off corrosion with a wire brush, and apply some faucet grease. Then replace any washers or seals and reinstall. I don't see anything wrong with the trim. If the valve turns smoothly you might just need to replace the washer on the bottom of that stem. If that doesn't get it, you may have to replace or repair the valve seat, but that is also not usually difficult.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks