Need help designing water to cottage

Users who are viewing this thread

cottage john

Reaction score
will be drawing from a lake in Ontario Canada. Cottage is 500' to the water line then another 150' into the water with a lift of 33' from waterline another 20' will go into the lake.
Getting a lot of recommendations with a variety of pump sizes etc. The cottage is a new build with 4 bedroom 3 bath kitchen and laundry.
getting ideas for a jet pump / pump house
but leaning toward a well pump as we are wanting a lot of water pressure
any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You would need a two pipe jet pump to lift from 33'. A submersible well pump would be best. A 10 GPM, 3/4HP would give you all the pressure you need and run three or four showers at the same time. Then using a Cycle Stop Valve will give you stronger constant pressure than just using the old pressure tank method.

Reach4

Reaction score
One inch SIDR polyethylene pipe (160 psi rating would give a lot of margin).

Is this going to be used in deep freezing weather? Some provision to survive freezing for the piping is needed I think. Not sure what. I have an idea or two.

cottage john

Reaction score
yes deep freeze north canada. some places i will not be getting below the frost. my idea is to 4" insulation foam and install a grey waste water line and leave a tap running when unoccupied

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks