Need help deciphering these markings

Users who are viewing this thread

JAWittekind

Reaction score
Hello, all! This is my first post, so thanks for having me.

I am chasing a hot water union between original galvanized piping and a copper addition. Unfortunately, it appears to disappear into a concrete slab. There are markings on the slab and would like to have some idea what they might mean before cutting concrete.

I’m attaching two photos of the markings/symbols. Let me know if I can provide any more context, photos, info, etc.

Thanks!

All,
JA

Attachments

• E90CCE17-BA60-404E-A7E5-135003CF09A7.jpeg
    E90CCE17-BA60-404E-A7E5-135003CF09A7.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 2DBB3D85-8DA3-4F46-BA82-02DD4F632369.jpeg
    2DBB3D85-8DA3-4F46-BA82-02DD4F632369.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 94

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Those just look like some kind of temporary layout marks from when they were building. Is there a window, a beam, a cabinet that goes there?

JAWittekind

Reaction score
Those just look like some kind of temporary layout marks from when they were building. Is there a window, a beam, a cabinet that goes there?
No, it’s in a utility room, behind a washer and dryer. There is a hot water copper supply for the washing machine that exits the slab pretty much in-line with the “circle w/ two parallel lines.” The “triangle in circle” is about a foot and half to the left.

JAWittekind

Reaction score
No, it’s in a utility room, behind a washer and dryer. There is a hot water copper supply for the washing machine that exits the slab pretty much in-line with the “circle w/ two parallel lines.” The “triangle in circle” is about a foot and half to the left.
Bump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks