Need filter for a filter head mounted housing

Users who are viewing this thread

eric012

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As the title says im looking for the best spot to buy my filters and get them home. I got a awp50b which accept 4.5 x 9.75 (10'') filters. Where do you guys buy them?

Also, I had a filter with some cords in it, should I keep going this way? 5 microns are the recommended filtration value? I got a ecowater salt water system, does it have an impact on what I have to buy?

Thank you,
-Eric

Reach4

Reaction score
Based on http://www.discountfilterstore.com/cmb-510-hf-viqua-sediment-whole-house-filter.htmlas it seems as if your housing will fit the common 10 x 4.5 size. You want a polypropylene filter for unchlorinated water.

How long do your cartridges last?

Do get an extra O-ring in case your O-ring fails. Use silicone grease to lightly lube the O-ring each time.

That site has a very nice finder. http://www.discountfilterstore.com/...polypropylene/size-advertised/10-x-4-1-2.html has been pre-selected to your size and polypropoline, and you can click a micron rating on the left. I tend to like the Pentek filters. There are various places that sell these filters.

I don't find the one there that I would be thinking for you. Check for the Pentek DGD-5005-10 dual gradient filter which combines a 50 micron and a 5 micron filter. I use the 20 inch version of that. I follow that with a 1 micron element. They are overkill, but I ordered the housings before I decided to get my backwashing iron+sulfur filter. So there is not much for the elements to do. I go over a year between cartridge changes. Click Inbox above.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks