Need Eljer tub overflow plate c1966 with nubs to hold up drain plug

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
The nubs on the back which hold up the drain plug have now completely worn away on both tubs. Several years ago could not find generic to fit (Eljer has non-standard spacing between the screws).

Other option might be if they make some sort of a kit where I can insert a spring-popup plug into the drain hole.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The tubs drains have not changed much over the years. You can install pretty much any new waste and overflow assy on that tub.

AcidWater

Reaction score
uh, no I can't. Eljer has non-standard spacing between the screws. Non of the available generics I have held in my hand match.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
uh, no I can't. Eljer has non-standard spacing between the screws. Non of the available generics I have held in my hand match.

It sounds like you are trying to replace the overflow faceplate and you cannot find the right one, which is why I was suggesting you replace the entire overflow and drain shoe assy with a new one. HJ's idea works too, as would a rubber stopper. It all depends on what you want the end result to be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks