Need an original base thing for the TOTO Vespin toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Battiste2

Reaction score
Hi. I purchased a ToTo model ST454E (forget what the name is) and had it installed in my bathroom. Had to run across the state line to Trenton to get a different bottom piece so that the toilet was the right distance from the wall. And of course, me the person who usually saves things "just in case I might need them" decided not to be a pack rat and threw the original one out. Now a year or so later, my inside sewer line had to be replaced because it had broken. The guys came and jackhammered the floor from the kitchen through the foyer and into the bathroom and replaced the whole line. When they did that, they put a new connection in for the toilet. And yep - you guessed it, now it needs the original bottom piece which I no longer have. Can anyone tell me the part I need and where to get it? I live in PA near Philadelphia and Trenton NJ. Thanks!!
PS - By the way - I really love my toilet - flushes well and very quiet!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The ST454E tank fits on both the Drake C454CEFG bowl and the Vespin C474CEFG bowl.

If you need a piece to install it, you may be referring to a Unifit adapter. TSU01W.12 12" rough-in for the C474CEFG Vespin Bowl.
I have a few of those in stock. They are gettable.

flange_03.jpg

For the Vespin.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
If that number is for a Drake II, so it does not have a Unifit adapter. The bottom piece would be the bowl.

You may be referring to a gray plastic Unifit adapter. With that name, you will be able to find pictures. There are versions that come with either of two screw lengths. Note that the 12 inch Unifit adapter is sometimes more available , since many people have to discard, sell, or store the unused piece when they needed the 10- or 14-rough-in Unifit.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If that number is for a Drake II, so it does not have a Unifit adapter.

No no. He's right. ST454E is the number in the tank. That exact same tank goes on the Drake II and the Vespin II. The box says "Vespin II/Drake II Tank" right on it. If he says he has a vespin, he has a vespin. He's talking about the Unifit, because he had to get a different one but now that he has a 12" rough in he needs the new one.

Battiste, there are a zillion of the 12" ones floating around, because the toilet comes with it and then once you get the 10" or 14" one to replace it, the 12" one that comes with the toilet is an extra. Plumbers don't want them because they already have a bunch of them. If you had a friend who was a plumber he might have a spare one to give you or sell you for cheap.

You have two options: Get a new one. Get a second-hand one acquired the way I described above -- i.e. it wasn't needed for a particular installation. I would just google the model number: TSU01W.12R

I would look at the big auction site to see if there are spare ones there for less than retail. In fact, I see one on there in the box with the hardware and free shipping for $30. That's almost certainly an extra someone has lying around, as that's a significant discount. If you want it with the hardware, a new one is north of $50 and widely-available, as well as through your local plumbing supply place. I sure wouldn't buy one at auction for more than I could get it from my local guy, but if there's an amazing deal...

Last edited:

Battiste2

Reaction score
Hi again. I found some online - TSU01W.12R - does it need to have the R on it? Also they seem to say they are for the Carlyle? Mine is a two piece so I think it is the Vespin II.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Unifit adapter fits quite a few models, including the Vespin, Vespin II, Carlyle, Carlyle II, Soiree, Guinevere, and I could go go.
The R just means it's the improved quiet version.

Like I mentioned above, they're not hard to get. I have about six of the 12"on the shelf and a few 10's and 14's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks