Need an old Kitchenaid/Whirpool Magnastart sink disposal stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom2323

Reaction score
Hi,

This part is no longer made or available. Hoping someone has kept old stoppers lying around!

It is Whirlpool 4162870, which fits the Kitchenaid Disposal model KWD200A.

If anyone has one, or knows of someone who might, I would greatly appreciate hearing
from you.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Attachments

• stopper.jpg
    stopper.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,515

Tom2323

Reaction score
Thank you ... it's been successfully working for about 14 years, so not sure of downside to keeping it;
but I prob won't find a replacement stopper, so will end up with new one anyway!

Reaction score
You may be able to get one if you can find an aftermarket sink drain adapter to fit the disposal, they often come with a new plug. Otherwise check architectural salvage places like Habitat Restores.

Tom2323

Reaction score
Sorry to say I don't really understand -- it would be a magnetized stopper that fits? Not sure what you mean by aftermarket sink drain adapter...sorry to be clueless.

Reach4

Reaction score
Sorry to say I don't really understand -- it would be a magnetized stopper that fits? Not sure what you mean by aftermarket sink drain adapter...sorry to be clueless.
Something like the BrassCraft SF3720.

Tom2323

Reaction score
thank you ...but it doesn't seem to be magnetized. this was a magna start stopper,
which was how the disposal turned on and off.

Capricorn72

Reaction score
Hi,

This part is no longer made or available. Hoping someone has kept old stoppers lying around!

If anyone has one, or knows of someone who might, I would greatly appreciate hearing
from you.

Thanks for your time.

Tom
Hi Tom. If you look on Ebay they have a similar one but it for a Viking Batch Feed disposal.
Hi,

from you.

Thanks for your time.

Tom
Hi Tom. Ebay has the exact part your looking for. Viking made the exact same batch feed garbage disposal which is also discontinued however I came across this part the other day quite by accident and if im not mistaken its still available. Hope this helps you out. ebay
Genuine G5002393 Viking Appliance Top Cap ASSY (viking-bat

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
At 14 years old, your GD has lived twice already.

Get a new unit, it will be stronger, quieter, nicer smelling. You will also have a chance to re-do the drain under the sink. Win-win situation for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks