Need advice on wet vent plumbing for bathroom changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Monte435

Reaction score
I am expanding an existing bathroom. The current bathroom has a wet vent (2") with a single sink, a shower and a Toilet. The new layout will have dual sinks, tub, shower, and toilet. I am moving the toilet location. Single story house on concrete slab. Located in Florida IPC code. Main line is 3". Lines to shower and tub are 2". The location I am moving the toilet to happens to run almost directly over the main horizontal drain line. I am wondering if I can tie this in with a Wye and a 45 directly up to the toilet? Will I have any issues with the toilet siphoning the tub or shower traps? Drawings attached

1642740316361.png

Monte435

Reaction score
Also, since the WC is directly over the
IMG_2300.jpg
horizontal line, I also need to know if this orientation of the WYE+1/8 is ok or if it will cause clogging issues. I get conflicting info from different online sources.

Monte435

Reaction score
8a12830d01ec4c78_6024-w240-h180-b0-p0--.jpg

or do I need to use this type of orientation and move the toilet away from directly over top of the line

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom is that the second picture is better. I believe the first picture is allowed. I don't know if there's a performance difference.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks