Need advice on troubleshooting a B&W 1500 series induction relay

Users who are viewing this thread

bob-texas

Reaction score
I use a 3 hp pump to fill the pond, a 2 hp out of the pond for the sprinklers, and a B&W 1500 liquid control relay to start and stop the fill system. The system worked fine for about 3 years. Now the well fills the pond nonstop. The first check was the start and stop diodes and the ground wire in the water. Everything was in place. I pulled the diode wires from the relay and it still runs. Does this eliminate the possibility of any problems with the diodes or the wiring from the relay to the diodes? What steps do I take to troubleshoot the relay? Thanks in advance for any help.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sorry for the delayed response Bob. I though DonL might be able to help on this one. I worked on one of those last week and could never find the problem. It must have been a lose connection or something because the problem was intermittent. I ended up changing it out for a regular "pump up" float switch with a definite purpose contactor and it is still working this morning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks