Need advice on rerouting plumbing for replacement utility sink and possibly adding Washer Stand pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

cch068

Reaction score
Hello,

new to the forum. I am doing minor makeover of laundry room on 40 year old house. I have installed a new oatley in wall laundry box. My setup never had a drain pipe for washer just drained into utility sink. I wanted advice if it would be possible to install a drain pipe into the oatley box. my existing drain is 1 1/2 copper with no vent insight but I know there is a vent that I'm assuming connects the fixtures in laundry room with 1/2 bath, and 2 baths upstairs. i would like to branch into the old copper with pvc, wrap it around the corner so i can get at least my sink drain in the proper spot on the wall. then if possible work in a stand pipe for the washer so i don't have to drain into the sink. just looking for a cleaner look. Picture is included. Note, the wall with no drywall in picture has the following fixtures going in starting from left to right: Dryer, Washer, Utility Sink. notice the orginal plumbing is coming from the side wall. i would prefer it comes in from back of sink not side.

Thank You
Chris

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 298
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks