Need Advice On Programming Fleck Twin Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

tedmullins

Reaction score
Hello
I have been reading and searching through the forums looking to learn how to program our softener correctly. I need some programming advice and hope some one can help me. My family and I moved into a home a few months ago that has a Fleck 9000sxt twin softener in the basement. The tanks are 13" in diameter and 55" in height (not counting the control system). From what I gathered on the internet, this is a 2.5 cuft system? The softener works great. The problem we are having is it is going through 40lbs salt in a week. I downloaded the sxt manual from the internet and below are the following configurations on the system:

DF / GAL
VT / St1b
CT / Fl
NT / - - - 2
TS / - U 1
C / 80.0
H / 16
RS / SF
SF / 10
DO / 8
BW / 10
BD / 60
RR / 10
BD / 23
FM / t0.7

There are 4 of us, 3 adults and one child. When we bought the house we got a laboratory analysis on the well water. The following are the laboratory analysis:
Hardness: 7.82 grains
Iron: 1.32 mg/L
manganese 0.059
The laboratory statement said that "except the iron and manganese, all parameters meet the requirements established by the USEPA for potable water.

The house has 5 bathrooms all with the rain showerheads, one with multi body spray and one jacuzzi tub and front load washer

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ted

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello
I have been reading and searching through the forums looking to learn how to program our softener correctly. I need some programming advice and hope some one can help me. My family and I moved into a home a few months ago that has a Fleck 9000sxt twin softener in the basement. The tanks are 13" in diameter and 55" in height (not counting the control system). From what I gathered on the internet, this is a 2.5 cuft system? The softener works great. The problem we are having is it is going through 40lbs salt in a week. I downloaded the sxt manual from the internet and below are the following configurations on the system:

DF / GAL
VT / St1b
CT / Fl
NT / - - - 2
TS / - U 1
C / 80.0
H / 16
RS / SF
SF / 10
DO / 8
BW / 10
BD / 60
RR / 10
BD / 23
FM / t0.7

There are 4 of us, 3 adults and one child. When we bought the house we got a laboratory analysis on the well water. The following are the laboratory analysis:
Hardness: 7.82 grains
Iron: 1.32 mg/L
manganese 0.059
The laboratory statement said that "except the iron and manganese, all parameters meet the requirements established by the USEPA for potable water.

The house has 5 bathrooms all with the rain showerheads, one with multi body spray and one jacuzzi tub and front load washer

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ted
Comp Hardness to 12

Change Capacity to 55k

Reserve Selection to RC and 100 for the gallons needed for the cleaning cycle .

Your second BD is that the Brine refill? if so then change that time to 10 minutes.. that will give you 15lbs of salt.

Let us know how this works out.

tedmullins

Reaction score
Thank you Akpsdvan.

I will make changes to your values. Yes the second BD is the Brine refill. I be sure to post back with the results.

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks