Need Advice on pipe route

Users who are viewing this thread

Rodney075

Reaction score
I have moved my kitchen and bathroom and added a second bathroom. Im down to my last wall but need some advice on the plumbing.

This wall is 2x6 and about 10 foot long. I have a 2" pipe that I have coming out of the slab. I need to add a washer pipe to the backside of the wall and a kitchen sink on the front of the wall.

The washer pipe will be about 2 foot to the left of the pipe coming out of the ground. The kitchen sink will be about 7 foot to the left of the pipe coming out of the ground.

Option A: Run the kitchen 1.5" pipe off the stack to the left and vent it just after the kitchen sink stub out. Then run the washer 2"pipe above the kitchen sink into the stack with a vent up and tied back into the stack. The stack will vent up and out the roof and be separate from the kitchen sink vent.

Option B: Run one 2" branch off the the stack to the left. The washer drain will tie into the branch and then the branch will decrease to 1.5" to the left of the washer and stub out with a vent between the kitchen stub and the washer. The stack will still vent.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rodney075

Reaction score
20171031_213526.jpg
20171029_152025.jpg
20171029_151948.jpg

Rodney075

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if that diagram above will pass code? THanks.

Two lines running of the stack with a vent for each. One to kitchen sink and one to washing machine.

The purple and blue lines are vents.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the is a single story, you do not need the vent looped from the washer drain. If it IS a two story, you cannot tie the washer drain back to the stack at that point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks