Need advice on fixing Gerber 49-300 one handle shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

TerryWhite

Reaction score
Hello, my faucet has been leaking for a while now and my assumption is that it just needs a new cartridge. My problem is that I can't find any screws/plugs on it and I haven't been able to find a way to remove anything on it. I've tried searching for answers but all I can find are ways to remove ones that have screws. Any help would be much appreciated, I'll have an image attached below:

image_2022-08-29_005210819.png

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your valve is Gerber 49-300 and has a Tempress 2 cartridge. Gerber has a terrible part sheet for this valve. You need to remove the chrome index button on the handle and this will expose the handle screw. This is not a standard size screw so be careful. Then you will see the escutcheon screws once the handle is removed. Search "1786-9000 Tempress ll (T2) Shower Valve Cartridge" for a factory replacement cartridge. Do not use reproductions.

TerryWhite

Reaction score
Your valve is Gerber 49-300 and has a Tempress 2 cartridge. Gerber has a terrible part sheet for this valve. You need to remove the chrome index button on the handle and this will expose the handle screw. This is not a standard size screw so be careful. Then you will see the escutcheon screws once the handle is removed. Search "1786-9000 Tempress ll (T2) Shower Valve Cartridge" for a factory replacement cartridge. Do not use reproductions.

Thank you so much! I didn't expect to get an answer so soon, I was able to remove the index button thanks to you.
One last question if you don't mind, is this the exact cartridge I need?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks