Need advice on DWV venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber01

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nothing is right in your sketch.

Re-read my post on the first page.

You can't use that WASTE stack as a vent. All venting from the first floor must tie in on the second floor at a minimum of 42" off the floor. You also can't run a washing machine drain into a vent.

You need a 4" vent through the roof OR equivalent.

Matt1988

Reaction score
Nothing is right in your sketch.

Re-read my post on the first page.

You can't use that WASTE stack as a vent. All venting from the first floor must tie in on the second floor at a minimum of 42" off the floor. You also can't run a washing machine drain into a vent.

You need a 4" vent through the roof OR equivalent.

Ok. So run the washing machine into the waste stack and tie the vents in 42in above the 2nd floor? I did ask about horizontal vents between floors on the first page and from what I understood that was allowed?if it's not Tks for letting me know. I'll have to look into it further I guess. Either way it can be done ?? There will be more than just one 2in vent thru the roof so the last part is covered. Anything else?

Last edited:

Matt1988

Reaction score
I had a clean out that wasn't mentioned so you can't say NOTHING WAS RIGHT can you? So much emotion here?? I like it!

Matt1988

Reaction score
Revised again. Btw I think I can run the 1/2 bath that's upstairs straight to the septic if I had to but that's depending on if I could run the line out of an exterior wall then into the ground to the septic lines. Would have to frame something up to hide it tho? The drain for the washer could also be ran this way but it would be harder to do than the 1/2 bath. This sketch is with the 1/2 bath and washer running into the existing lines. I just thought I'd mention that in case someone thought that might be a better option? If I'm going about this the wrong way pls let me know??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 221

Bluebinky

Reaction score
Matt, one thing that kind of set me off is that there were a lot of folks in my former area that were in the "back to the country" mode. Not without talent, they built a house on their little piece of the earth, and did everything themselves from framing, roofing siding, doors, windows, flooring, sheetrock, the whole nine yards. Except the plumbing. Without exception, they all farmed out the plumbing to the plumbers. That's mostly why I was surprised that you were doing that part yourself.
Plumbing? No problem.
Concrete slab? Call the pros...

Matt1988

Reaction score
Nobody? Maybe I have a plumbing conundrum? I thought routing a vent for 10ft of horizontal drain pipe would've been child's play for most of the members here? Oh well

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm out of the country at the moment. It was hectic getting ready to go and now I'm trying to figure out what we're doing and on what days.
The last drawing looks good. You're getting there. I think it's going to work.

hotel-torre-01.jpg

Last edited:

Matt1988

Reaction score
I'm out of the country at the moment. It was hectic getting ready to go and now I'm trying to figure out what we're doing and on what days.
The last drawing looks good. You're getting there. I think it's going to work.

Thanks I really appreciate it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks