need advice on choosing bathroom and kitchen fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

elocin

Reaction score
we are currently remodeling our house and need to buy fixtures for our bathrooms. the vendor recommended sigma faucets for quality and finish durability however i wonder how they compare to moen or pegasus which can be one-third the price but have the same look.

for our kitchen sink, she's recommended a franke for around $800 which has a smooth stainless steel finish with recessed drains on both sides. isn't there another brand with the same features that is cheaper but with the same durability?

thanks so much for your input.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
save you money

designers are all nuts..... they want you to buy the absolute
most expensive because some of them work on a comission or
percentage of the total job cost...

just get DELTA and be happy...
they have very high end stuff too
for your expensive granite kitchen sink top

and are the best overall quality on this planet...

http://www.deltafaucet.com/

you wont go wrong and you can probably purchase 3 Deltas
for the cost of the stupid Franke faucet and actually
be able to get it repaired when the time comes in 10 years or so.

moens are ok but are still not the qulaity of Delta

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
if the franke is the polished stainless, I think you'll be dissapointed eventually - it is a pain to keep shiney. In talking to people, the concensus was that Kindred makes stuff that is as good and generally costs less. I have no experience with the faucet brands recommended...could be good, or not. Finding replacement parts when it eventually needs it is a consideration, too. The quality of the castings and the guarantee on the finishes and internal parts can make a big difference in the cost fo rsomething that looks the same starting out. To a degree, you get what you pay for. This is more so on some brands than others...some of it is just paying for the style. Copycats are often less expensive (and occassionally, as good). My unprofessional opinion.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

I would not consider Pegasus, and parts can be very expensive for "custom" faucets such as Sigma. There are many cheaper sinks, such as Elkay, which are just as good, if not better, than Franke. Almost all the manufacturers make brushed nickel faucets. As far as which brand to choose, every plumber will tell you his favorite.

elocin

Reaction score
thank you

thanks to everybody who piped in. i did pick out a kindred instead which isn't as shiny, larger bowl, and cheaper too. still to decide on the faucets tho.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
faucets

I gotta go along with Mark.

I too have seen a lot of stuff over the years that are made cheap and they charge an arm and a leg.

I've used Delta in my house for years.

Have repaired most faucets and Delta is easy to find parts for and easy to repair.

Just because it's shinney and expensive doesn't mean that it's any good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks