Need advice on buying a new kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

seschroll

Reaction score
Guys, I need your help here. I live in a 50 year old home with galvanized iron pipes, but they still work fine and I have good water pressure. Ten years ago, I had an inexpensive (single lever, no shower attachment) Delta kitchen faucet installed by a retired plumber neighbor. It's leaking now, and installing a new cartridge didn't help. From what I have read on the internet, new kitchen faucets are made with a lot of plastic parts that can leak. My plumber-neighbor is no longer around so I'll have to hire a plumber. Can you recommend a good, reliable, kitchen faucet without all that plastic that doesn't cost much more than a $100? Thanks Sariah

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You should be able to repair any Delta faucet, for less than $100 in parts. If you want a new faucet, your options are limited. Because of the Jan. 1, 2010 no lead laws, most faucets by most manufacturers are using a lot of plastic. Two brands which have opted to continue with a lot of solid brass, by switching to using the more expensive bismuth alloy, are T&S and Chicago Faucets. Both will run over $100, however.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Delta sink faucets do NOT have a cartridge, and the only reason to change them, normally, is because you get tired of looking at it, NOT because it cannot be repaired. If your description is correct, someone did not repair it properly, and all you need is a better plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks