Need advice of systems

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Based on my City water report, do you experts think i need anything else beside a water softener and a carbon filter to filter out the chloride?
You mean chlorine, rather than chloride.

Make sure the GAC tank is big enough and is a backwashing system.

intel2020

Reaction score
You mean chlorine, rather than chloride.

Make sure the GAC tank is big enough and is a backwashing system.
Your municipal water looks very close to mine, though mine is a little bit harder (~21/22 grains). This is the solution I installed to resolve both hardness and chlorine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_owtKNMuwKb0wyQmMycENaWEE/view

I also did a water test to confirm hardness mostly, but also pH and Chlorine. THe Hardness kit is a Hach 5-b kit (Google it). Full water test I used was from Kar Labs https://www.karlabs.com/watertestki...yKgiJST_hk7AgKHFZo2jg_VVo_2EA2uhoCa9EQAvD_BwE

You may need to review actual size you need based on your home size and usage.

AcE101

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4 and intel1212. I think I got the sizing already figured out. I just want to make sure that i didn't miss any health threatening chemicals that I didn't know. Again, thanks much! Have a great weekend!

Wow, i like your setup intel1212. Did you do all the plumbing by yourself? I have a very similar system in mind, probably 2.5 cuft softener and 2.0 cuft carbon filter. I checked with a local and these two system will run around $2K without installations.

Last edited:

intel2020

Reaction score
I had some help with the plumbing as I needed to rework the existing softener loop and wanted assistance with a few of the welds. check your PM as I will send you a bit more info.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks