Need advice forr old briggs toilet repair

Users who are viewing this thread

sammy12

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Briggs 6006 toilet, this onepiece is in great condition but the fill valve needs to be replaced along with the diverter. Pricing the kit needed will be over $150. I've never had a problem with the toilet but the parts need to replaced now. I am now debating my options; buy a new toilet, replace the part or somehow purchase alternative parts that would fit. This particular toilet has a special compartment that only allows a thin brass pipe of the fill valve to fit, so standard replacement fill valves simply won't fit. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. My first choice would be to fix the toilet somehow without having to pay $150 for the replacement kit. Thank you for your time and look forward to your insights!

Thanks,
-Sammy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The only time I have had to replace the entire valve has been when it was damaged for some reason. Otherwise the only parts needed to repair it are the stem, seat, and disc. That is one of the "best" toilets ever made because it CANNOT overflow if it gets plugged, so I never recommend that they be replaced, unless the customer no longer likes the looks of it. $150.00 is "cheap" for a new valve, but there is NO OTHER valve which will work. One caution, however, with a new valve is that they come in slightly different lengths and if you get one which is a bit short, the nut for the supply tube will have to be "cut off" slightly, or you will have to use a thicker washer, so it will tighten on the shank.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks