Need advice for wall hung toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

MCEscher

Reaction score
Hello

I need some advice regarding a wall hung toilet. I manage a community hall and although we have a designated handicap washroom, it is lacking in a few areas. One problem is that there is not enough room to properly turn a wheelchair around. I don’t have to meet ADA requirements but I want to do the best I can. What I am planning to do is pull the toilet out and install a wall hung toilet. What this will do is give me some room under the toilet for the swing radius of the footrests on the typical wheelchair.

I am leaning towards a flushometer type probably a Sloan flushometer. (Although I could use a cistern inside the wall, I think I would rather keep the plumbing all exposed.) I also prefer an elongated toilet as this seems to be normal for handicapped washrooms. At the same time I need to keep the toilet as short as possible and as much clearance underneath as I can get to clear footrests.

I want a 6L flush (I would not have a problem with a higher volume flush but I don’t think they are available any longer.) Quite a few 4.8L toilets seem to accept a 6L flushometer. I have a 1 ½†supply to the building so can supply a 1†line at 65 psi.

The toilets that I have been looking at are: Crane Placidus US3346, American Standard Flowise 3351 001, Contrac/Clark 4762CEX, Proflo PF1731, and Ceralux VitrA 5425HET. But I really can’t find much in the way of recommendations or reviews from people who have actually installed any of these toilets.

Can anyone give me a recommendation, or tell me if I should avoid any of these models? Also tell me if you think I am missing something or what to watch for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks