Need advice for adding washer vent and possibly laundry drain

Users who are viewing this thread

ferroplasm

Reaction score
I'm in the process of renovating my laundry room. The washing machine is located right next to the main waste pipe for the house. This is also the main vent stack for the house. I guess that was allowed when the house was built in 1972.

I know that the inspector will require me to increase the washer drain diameter to 2"; it's 1.5" right now. I'm pretty sure I'll also need to add a vent.

I'd also like to add a laundry sink to this room if possible. The only spot it's going to work is to the left of the washing machine and to the left of the main stack. I can't quite figure out how it would be possible to plumb the washing machine drain (from the right) and laundry sink (from the left) into the main drain/wet. I'm somewhat limited by height for the laundry sink drain. You can see that the first place I'd be able to add a drain for the sink is just above the clean out.

c514IML

1HfYpqK

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can redo that and have the cleanout above the other fittings.
Also, if you have a sink to the left, and a washer to the right, you would want a san cross to pick up both, and vent them before entering the stack if that is wet. The vents could then tie together and either go out the roof together, or with an AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks