Need advice about replacing waste pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

xami714

Reaction score
I need to bother you nice people for a bit of advice. I removed a cracked waste line that ran from toilet flange to waste stack. I cut pipe at crack ( a few inches from hub ( forgive me if i'm not using correct term) figuring to break lead connection and convert to PVC. A counter guy said i would be better staying with what was original. I assume that means pouring a new lead connection which in turn means bringing in a plumber. If it's the better way, i would consider spending the money. I have previously converted my kitchen sink drain to PVC so i have some experience removing lead connections. Which is the best way to go?

Attachments

• SV300010.jpg
    SV300010.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 273

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
connection

I would go with a new cast iron bend and lead joint, but the picture does not give us an orientation as to whether it is horizontal under the floor or vertical in the wall.

xami714

Reaction score
corrected orientation

sorry about that. That break was in a ceiling of a lower bathroom. I cut the pipe right after a 90 degree elbow going up to the toilet flange in the upstairs bathroom. Does this info help you help me?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks