Need a wired cctv camera

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Joneshh, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Joneshh

Joneshh New Member

It is not safe around my home. My wife and I are so worried.
    We have installed a CCTV security camera in our house (living room and bedrooms), but we think it is better to install an outdoor security camera.
    Some people think the wireless camera is not safe. So we decide to buy a wired security camera for the gate. Do you have any recommendations?

2. stevewahs

stevewahs New Member

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. taylorjm

taylorjm Member

Well, if your going with a wired system, I would forget what that article says with regards to bnc or rca type cables. Everything now are ip cameras and only require one ethernet cable to run both the video and power. As far as wireless not being secure, the camera doesn't make your current wifi network any less secure. It's just like any other device on your network. It just depends what your looking for. If your getting wired cameras, then you will probably be getting a video system that records. If you went wireless, most of it records on to an sd card in the camera. Wireless is of course much easier. The big thing is getting power to the cameras. I've used the reolink brand which are wireless, and also run on battery so there's no power cables to hook up. They will hook to a small solar panel that can keep the battery charged.

5. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Cameras do not make it any safer than without. I have ring and there are thousands of videos of porch pirates and car breakins when a known ring camera is seen. Some will even try to break into a unoccupied house.