Need a pump controller for multiple apartments

Users who are viewing this thread

billysaw10101

Reaction score
I recently bought a PUMP CONTROLLER for the booster pump which is supplying 8 apartments. My plumber says the controller I bought was too small for the number of apartments it is servicing. Anybody know what is the best size of controller to use for a higher demand like that. Or for a 10 room motel?

Thanks. Billy

billysaw10101

Reaction score
Need more info. What kind of controller do you have, what size pump are you controlling, and what pressure do you need?

I cannot take a picture from where I am, but it looks like this type (in picture). It is a 1.5bar pressure. Controlling a 6bar pressure pump. Let me know if this makes sense. Newbie here.

Attachments

• Dayliff-Pump-Controller-800x600.jpg
    Dayliff-Pump-Controller-800x600.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 230

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Those type controllers are junk, and they are hard on pumps. That is why you can find so many different brands of that same gizmo, as they are made to make money for the pump company, not to last. And no they will not work at all on pumps of a larger size. The company will say you can plumb them in a bypass and use them with a large pump. But plumbed this way they are harder on large pumps than they are on small pumps, which isn;t good.

To help you with a GOOD pump control, we still need to know what size pump you have? 6 bar is like 87 PSI, which sounds a little high but probably what you need. I would get a pump that can make the pressure and volume needed, then control it with a CSV set for 87 PSI, and use about a 44 gallon pressure tank with a 80/100 pressure switch setting.

See this link after playing the following video. https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/municipal-one-pump-above-ground

billysaw10101

Reaction score
Those type controllers are junk, and they are hard on pumps. That is why you can find so many different brands of that same gizmo, as they are made to make money for the pump company, not to last. And no they will not work at all on pumps of a larger size. The company will say you can plumb them in a bypass and use them with a large pump. But plumbed this way they are harder on large pumps than they are on small pumps, which isn;t good.

To help you with a GOOD pump control, we still need to know what size pump you have? 6 bar is like 87 PSI, which sounds a little high but probably what you need. I would get a pump that can make the pressure and volume needed, then control it with a CSV set for 87 PSI, and use about a 44 gallon pressure tank with a 80/100 pressure switch setting.

See this link after playing the following video. https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/municipal-one-pump-above-ground

Let me take a look, thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks