Need 14" rough to match AM Std White

Users who are viewing this thread

dbbarron

Reaction score
I am looking for a 14" rough toilet to match (does not need to be exact) an older (20yr) American Std white tub.

This is a kids and guest bath, so performance needs to be good, looks are not as important. Cost should be kept reasonable, but not at the expense of performance.

Kindly suggest recommendations.

Regards,
db

dbbarron

Reaction score
I should mention that prior toilet was an older AS with 12" rough and the extra gap to the wall did not bother us - we will also be installing a cabinet above the toilet which will hide the gap even more. Thus, 12" would be ok if we had to....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Buy an American Standard 14" rough toilet, but actually almost ANY white toilet will be a close match so you will not see any difference. Especially if the lavatory is a cast iron one.

dbbarron

Reaction score
Seems from this forum that the only true 14" toilet is the unifit Toto and that seems to get very expensive (only expensive skirted toilets have the option).
This is a kids/guest bath, and the toilet is behind the door (not visible when you walk in).

Thus, likely will pick up a 12" of decent quality/cost based on this forum recommendations and live with the gap with cabinet above. Space/room is not an issue in the toilet area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks