Navies NPE-240S2 with Grundfos pump and NaviCirc

Users who are viewing this thread

Jkalthefish

Reaction score
I have a NPE-240S2 and recently had a Grundhos pump installed with two navicircs in the house. One side of the house works fine. The other side of the house and/or the Kitchen sink don't seem to circulate. When I tried the NAvicirc in the kitchen, I don't see any check valves. There is a 3rd water valve to the right under the kitchen sink. Should I use that for cold instead? It looks to me like it might just feed the RO system..?

I also tried a bathroom sink on the non working side of the house and the NaviCirc won't work there either. Not sure why it works on the other side.

It is a 1 story house with split floorpan.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
NavCirc is just a thermowax bridge (that is a guess but that is how most work).
Designed specifically for the NPE A and A2 series.
If there is no check valve that means there is not proper piping at the unit (how about dip switch and the 2-way valve and the rest?).
Even if you had it perfectly set up, there is no guarantee that you would have enough pressure balance to push through to two Navcircs.
Navcirc is not a great solution anyway.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should try throttling the stop valve under the working side. A pump will pump water, it's up to you to steer it. If you don't it'll take the easiest path. There's no reason for it to go any other direction other than the easiest path. If you partially close the stop where it's flowing you might be able to create resistance and let it flow to the other piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks