Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

Users who are viewing this thread

BetaNavien

Reaction score
We have a Navian npe-240a2. It was installed outdoors, under a long eave of about 4 ft, a few inches below it. I can see it says that using an exterior vent, 36" of space above is required. What are the concerns of an installation like this? There is not much room on this wall, and below it is a condenser, which is why it was installed high up. Should it be vented through the roof? Thank you!

Fitter30

Reaction score
With such a deep eave I'd be concerned with flue gas getting trapped underneat and migranting back through a open window especially if theres a breeze and that side of the house. Put it through the roof. Operating temps 32°f to 120° your condenser is below the heater might get above 120° if ambient temp gets to 100°.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
With such a deep eave I'd be concerned with flue gas getting trapped underneat and migranting back through a open window especially if theres a breeze and that side of the house. Put it through the roof. Operating temps 32°f to 120° your condenser is below the heater might get above 120° if ambient temp gets to 100°.
Or being sucked back into the intake. x2 for taking it up through the roof or at least to the underside of the eave vertically, then horizontally out to the edge

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks