Navien NPE240A leaking at weep hole on condensation line

Users who are viewing this thread

S. H.

Reaction score
We had a Navien NPE-240A installed with a soft water system on city water less than 4 years ago. I noticed a the unit was leaking around the condensation line. I originally thought that the condensation line was not water tight. After closer inspection, water comes out of the weep hole after the unit runs for almost 1 minute. I removed the cover, and ran it for 5 minutes. Everything under the cover was dry. I called the Navien tech line with no help other than to contact a licensed plumber (not impressed) though I was impressed that they allowed me to register the unit for warranty. Does anyone have any idea what should be replaced?

Fitter30

Reaction score
There is a clip that pulls out the front just outside the bottom of cabinet to pull condensate trap to clean it. Have a bucket handy to catch the water.

S. H.

Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up cleaning the entire units filters along with taking the drain line off. The plumber that installed the unit used the pipe dope paste. Fortunately (or unfortunately), a large glob was restricting the drain line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks