Navien NCB 240E - Space Heating heat exchanger flush difficulty

Users who are viewing this thread

dogbert

Reaction score
Today I attempted to flush the space heating side of the heat exchanger on my NCB240E. See attached picture for piping.

Here are the steps I took:

1) Closed valves marked with the red arrows in the picture. (yes, the picture shows them as open...ignore that as I took the pic at a different time).

2) Attached a hose to the green arrow fitting with the other end draining into a bucket.

3) Attached a hose to the blue arrow fitting with the other end attached to a submersible pump in the same bucket.

4) Opened the valves at the green and blue arrows...waited for boiler to drain.

5) Filled bucket with white vinegar, plugged in circulation pump.

Problem: there was literally no flow coming out the hose attached to the green arrow side, thus heat exchanger not being flushed. I would see a trickle of vinegar come out only.

I verified the pump was working, made sure it was primed.

Question: Is there something I need to do with the 3-way valve so that it is set correctly to allow for flushing? Any other suggestions?

(Note: I used this same setup on the DHW side and it flushed just fine)

IMG_1810.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks