Navien NCB-240 & common wire

Users who are viewing this thread

bgrove

Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but it remained mysterious for a lot of folks, myself included. After much head-scratching, this solution did work for me. If your thermostat currently does not control a cooling system but only your Navien, this should work: Connect the outer two terminals in the AC24V out on the Navien (see Kurt's image above) to the Common and Rc terminals on your thermostat. Sometimes Rc and R (or Rh) have a jumper on them in the thermostat; if so, remove this jumper. You now have a separate power circuit for the thermostat. I'm not sure this solution would work if you have a Y wire for cooling, as presumably that would close the circuit with Rc. As @jadnashua correctly notes, if you draw power from the R/W line, you will lose the power whenever the thermostat cycles on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks