Navien combi boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Norco

Reaction score
I can't win when it comes to heating my home.

My home is a 1970 split level house. It consists of 2.5 bath and a walkout basement located in northern Ohio. I use propane to fuel the 70,000btu boiler and a 40 gallon water heater. After moving in, I've had a Lennox AC w/ heatpump retrofitted which conditions the entire house.

With the boiler being extremely undersized, I have decided to purchase either a new boiler or furnace and switch to natural gas. By switching fuels, I will also need to purchase a water heater.

I was surprised to hear from the HVAC company that I would have to replace my air handler if I opted to go with a furnace.

He is currently working on the quote for the furnace, but provided me with a quote for the boiler and water heater.

Screenshot_20220227-183754_Drive.jpg

A little background on the install...

The "boiler room" as I like to call it is located in the middle of the house, but is not overly complicated to reach the outside air. The water heater, air handler and boiler are all located in this oversized closet. Meaning all of the needed pipes (water and fuel) are centrally located in this room. He said that he could make use of the propane pipe for natural gas.

Thanks for any info and guidance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks