Navien combi boiler ch240 keep igniting

Users who are viewing this thread

chengkou7

Reaction score
hi all,

I'm facing an issue with my Navien combi boiler CH-240. It provides both heating and domestic hot water with no problem.

However, when heating is turned on, the navien keep igniting. It will ignite with a "woof" sound and you see the fire burning inside, and then after about 15 seconds you see the fire went out for half a second and the ignition goes again with a "woof" noise. This will keep going for as long as the heating is on.

this is not an issue when DHW (shower/kitchen facet) is turned on.

I'm thinking there might be some flow issue with my heating where the water flow is limited by the scaling of the water.

What could be the issue?

Thanks guys in advance, any comment is appreciated!

Fitter30

Reaction score
The woof is from delayed ignition burner could be be dirty. Have you checked the air inlet filter just inside the the cabinet?

chengkou7

Reaction score
fitter30 -

Yes I did cleanup the air inlet filter, it was a bit dirty with dust etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks