Navien 240 calibration help please

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
Hi
I just installed a navien 240 ncb, it does not feel warm in our rooms it is cold.
the tube and fin are hot all the pipes are hot even the returns. I just stated putting on some pipe insulation.
if the return pipe is hot does that mean my circulator pump is ok?
these are the other parts I installed;
4.4 expansion tank
taco 2400 1/10 circulator pump
taco 2 zone switching relay
taco 4900 air separator
Honeywell heat only thermostat non-digital

please help my wife said that she will be nice to me if I can get her warm.

Jac04

Reaction score
Can you tell us some basics, like vintage/size of house, feet of baseboard in each zone, supply temperature of boiler.

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
house build 1906, I just move in and ran the old oil boiler and it did heat the house fine; I reused the same tube and fin from the old system 127 feet. Their are 4 feeds and 4 returns, all in one zone. The house is 1473 sq foot with basement, and walk in attic. The basement is allot colder now that the navien is running and the oil boiler is off, making the first level floor cold. I cannot get the house warmer than 60 degrees.
Supply tem setting is 170 return is default 148.

Attachments

• P1100485.JPG
    P1100485.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,751
  • P1100484.JPG
    P1100484.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 3,070
  • P1100479.JPG
    P1100479.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 4,404

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
follow up:
my circulator pump is a taco 1/10 hp, I think it is to big.
I partly closed all the supply and return ball valves to slow down the flow.
Now the house is warm,
I am not sure if it is OK to do that to a pump.

Jac04

Reaction score
I think your problem may be with balancing the flow to all of the multiple loops you have. The water will take the path of least resistance, which may mean the bulk of your flow is going through a short loop. In your original pictures (prior to the follow-up), all of your valves are closed to some degree. Typically, you would have at least one set of valves completely open (the loop with the highest resistance to flow), then you would throttle the other valves to balance the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks