Navicirc Install and Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Ajsonnick

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I have a Navien tankless water heater and it was taking forever to get hot water 3-4+ minutes.

Today my plumber installed Navicirc. It seems much better, but was it done wrong? Look at the pic I’m attaching please. I thought on the cold water line there’s supposed to be a “T” pipe from the directions I read.

If it was done wrong, why does it appear to be faster and working? Lol.

Also, what are your thoughts on the mode. Should it be set on always on, or intelligent question my favorite intelligent mode is when you go to randomly wash your hands or do some thing it will be cold. What are the cons to Always-On? Does it use a lot of gas?

Thank you so much

70BC16EB-3CEF-46E0-8BAC-57AFE18E9D91.jpeg

Ajsonnick

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I have a Navien tankless water heater and it was taking forever to get hot water 3-4+ minutes.

Today my plumber installed Navicirc. It seems much better, but was it done wrong? Look at the pic I’m attaching please. I thought on the cold water line there’s supposed to be a “T” pipe from the directions I read.

If it was done wrong, why does it appear to be faster and working? Lol.

Also, what are your thoughts on the mode. Should it be set on always on, or intelligent question my favorite intelligent mode is when you go to randomly wash your hands or do some thing it will be cold. What are the cons to Always-On? Does it use a lot of gas?

Thank you so much
Can anyone help advise on this?

Bannerman

Reaction score
It’s a NPE-180A2(NG)
The 'A2' models were redesigned with the internal circulator pump relocated compared to the pump placement within the prior 'A' models. The new pump position now permits the Cold Water Inlet port to be utilized for recirculation return from the NaviCirc crossover valve just as in your installation (as shown in page 34 of the NPE-180A2 Installation Manual) whereas the prior 'A' models utilizing NaviCirc, required a check valve and an interconnect pipe between the circulation return port and the Cold Water Inlet port.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks