Natural Gas

Users who are viewing this thread

Cpop

Reaction score
My home was built in 2003. There is a pipe on the patio that disperses NG. I bought a Weber BBQ specific for NG and I cant get the gas to supply the BBQ. There are no leaks. Could it be there is not enough pressure from the house to the supply for the BBQ? Another thought is that the male "pipe" coming out of the wall maybe is too short to screw all the way into the hose that supplies the BBQ?
I really don't want to return the BBQ and the plumbers I called "don't handle this work".

Personalt

Reaction score
if you have gas at the shutoff I bet you tripped the regulator. Turn off shutoff, crack the fitting on the gas supply side of regulator, make sure the burners are off, wait 60 seconds, close fitting you cracked, turn shutoff on slowly, try a burner.

If gas rushes past regulator because a)you turned stutoff on quickly b)burner was on when you turned on shutoff you can trip the regulator.

Personalt

Reaction score
if you have gas at the shutoff I bet you tripped the regulator. Turn off shutoff, crack the fitting on the gas supply side of regulator, make sure the burners are off, wait 60 seconds, close fitting you cracked, turn shutoff on slowly, try a burner.

If gas rushes past regulator because a)you turned stutoff on quickly b)burner was on when you turned on shutoff you can trip the regulator.
Seach you youtube bbq tripped regulator. they will show you videos for propane but principles are the same

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks