Name that tub fixture... help with brand ID?

Users who are viewing this thread

fishyfood

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

Ok, I'm a total newbie to tub remodels and am hoping to start easy with a trim kit for my shower. We have a single handle shower faucet. The brand is absolutely nowhere to be found on any of the stuff so finding a replacement has been a challenge. Any help ID'ing the fixture type would be WONDERFUL!!!!

Here's the guts:
IMG_4455.JPG

One more layer off the guts:
IMG_4456.JPG

Here's the former fixture:
IMG_4458.JPG

Any guesses? Thanks very much!!! :)
Jess

fishyfood

Reaction score
Ok, I guess this is an update. I've been searching around and it does say American Standard on my bathroom sink faucet, no model numbers or anything but it looks kind of close to a Hampton. Looking at the valve kits on the American Standard website (including the replacement one I tried to fit today with no luck, it's very different) I can't seem to find anything that matches what I'm seeing in the wall.

Does anyone recognize the valve at all?

Thanks again,
Jess

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I've looked but I'm not sure. Just because your sink is American Standard doesn't mean the tub/shower valve is. Tubs and showers are typically Moen, Delta or Symmons in my area.

Try to be patient, one of the pros will likely chime in, I wouldn't be suprised if they could name it just by looking - I have to compare it to catalog sheets.

fishyfood

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, everyone!

Looks like a Price/Pfister OX8

WOW after many image searches today, that's what I just came up with too! :D
I'll also take a pic of the cartridge and can post tomorrow just to double check if y'all think I'm on the right track.

Thanks again!
Jess

fishyfood

Reaction score
how about takeing a pic of the cartridge you took out of that body????

that would be helpful...

the body looks like an old neindecker......

need more input....

Okie dokie, here is what came out...
IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

I'm still thinking Price Pfister so I'm going to try to order a trim kit that's compatible with the OX8. If this is ill-advisable, let me know. I'll post pics once I got it all up and running, or will post more questions if I get stuck again.... :D Wish me luck, thanks!
Jess

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yeah that looks like a PP...the last one I worked on had PB Kohler trim on it...

fishyfood

Reaction score
Hooray! It's nice to know I'm headed in the right direction. I ordered a PP Avalon trim kit which should come the middle of next week. I'm not crazy about PP's single handle styles, but I'm nervous about deviating to a different brand, since the stems seem to differ from brand to brand. (like the American Standard trim I just returned).

More to follow. :)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Hooray! It's nice to know I'm headed in the right direction. I ordered a PP Avalon trim kit which should come the middle of next week. I'm not crazy about PP's single handle styles, but I'm nervous about deviating to a different brand, since the stems seem to differ from brand to brand. (like the American Standard trim I just returned).

More to follow. :)

In case you had any inclination to the contrary, the is NO POSSIBILITY mixing brands of parts in a shower. Yes, you can get aftermarket parts, but they are identical to the original. No other brand of trim will work, and only the original cartridge type will work.

fishyfood

Reaction score
In case you had any inclination to the contrary, the is NO POSSIBILITY mixing brands of parts in a shower. Yes, you can get aftermarket parts, but they are identical to the original. No other brand of trim will work, and only the original cartridge type will work.

Thanks, Jimbo! Makes me feel better about sticking with the PP trim kit. Part of me would have always been wondering "maybe I could've gotten a different one". Now I can rest assured. Parts are hopefully coming in the mail tomorrow. Should have up by the weekend and will post pics of my handiwork!

:)
Jess

fishyfood

Reaction score
Hello!

So I finally got the trim kit all up, thanks for making it possible! Isn't it swell? It all works too! Bonus! :D

IMG_4465.JPG

IMG_4466.JPG

The only problem I ran into is this...
IMG_4467.JPG

The previous faucet was a little longer. Is there some sort of chrome disc I could get to put behind the faucet, so that there's not that gap? I'm not sure I have it in me to mess with the pipe underneath...

Any thoughts on what might work are much appreciated.
Thanks again for the support! Jess

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
That tub spout needs to be flush with the wall and caulked...can't tell about the faucet (valve) the pics are to far away...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks