Name that tool

Users who are viewing this thread

Bens

Reaction score
Just had an embarrasing run-in with a professional plumber. Took him 5 minutes to unclog the drain I had worked at for 2 hours.
He used a magical device I have seen before but never named...something like a high pressure plunger. It consists of an air tank he pumps and a spout end with a rubber stopper (with a hole in the middle for the blast of air to come out.)

I'm going to stop talking now since you all probably know exactly what I'm talking about already. What's it called?

Thank you!

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Search the net for "compressed air plunger" and you will find a number of products. Your local hardware store will likely sell a version that uses pre-charged compressed air canisters. While these things do work, they also pose a risk of breaking weak joints in the plumbing system or just pushing the clog further down the line (which may or not be a problem depending on how long the clog has to travel before reaching the larger runs). But on the other hand, having an auger stuck in your drainage system isn't any fun either.

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've borrowed one from a colleague called a "kinetic air ram". Pipes better be in good shape though.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ahhhh the old Kinetic Water Ram. Fastest way to make a gawd awful mess that I know of

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks