Name that style of box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kendrick

Reaction score
I am hoping some one can give me a technical name/search term on a outdoor weatherized 110 box. the 30A one that I have in the first link is pretty close to what im looking for, instead of that 30A twist lock if it had the standard twin or quad outlet set would be ideal. It would need to be intended for rain and such. https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-30-Amp-Temporary-Power-Inlet-T030N/100676699#overlay

The intent behind it would be so that the devices that are plugged in to it would not damage the box or get wet. the devices that would be plugged in to it may get moved from time to time and if someone forgot to unplug it first it would be less likely to damage the plugs, outlet or wall.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-2-20-Amp-Backyard-Outlet-with-GFCI-Receptacles-U012010GRP/100579382 was the closest i could find and would probably work but I wold much prefer an angled/hooded version. The 45degree pin and sleeve connectors made for wet space were where i first got the idea from. I need to have 2 seperate curcits go out the outlet box there so i was thinking a pair of the 110 at an angle would work.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
check the "code keeper" boxes.
In that catalog "Code Keeper" appears to only refer to a line of in-use covers. The OP is looking for a box where a standard duplex NEMA 5-15 receptacle (or two of them) will end up pointing somewhat downward like the inlet in the first product in the OP, with a cover integral to the box.

I didn't find anything in my brief searching, and I think the second product in the OP would work well. To tilt those receptacles somewhat downward would require a noticeably deeper box. The only other thing I could suggest looking at are outdoor pedestals with receptacles.

Cheers, Wayne

Kendrick

Reaction score
@wwhitney Thanks for the suggestion im glad this time its not just my bad luck on search terms. last time it took me ages to find out about insulation piercing tap connectors because I never got the right search term.

Kendrick

Reaction score
From your description, a n "in use cover" would do what you describe.
Have you seen any that would be able to handle a breakaway situation, so far the ones i have seen look like they are trying to lock the cable in place.

are more or less addressing the concerns or would it be more ideal to have something like the dot-plug inline to handle that and just use a regular plug for the wall?

Maymay6

Reaction score
I am hoping some one can give me a technical name/search term on a outdoor weatherized 110 box. the 30A one that I have in the first link is pretty close to what im looking for, instead of that 30A twist lock if it had the standard twin or quad outlet set would be ideal. It would need to be intended for rain and such. https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-30-Amp-Temporary-Power-Inlet-T030N/100676699#overlay

The intent behind it would be so that the devices that are plugged in to it would not damage the box or get wet. the devices that would be plugged in to it may get moved from time to time and if someone forgot to unplug it first it would be less likely to damage the plugs, outlet or wall.
https://coolnamesfinder.com/best-boutique-names-of-all-time/was the closest i could find and would probably work but I wold much prefer an angled/hooded version. The 45degree pin and sleeve connectors made for wet space were where i first got the idea from. I need to have 2 seperate curcits go out the outlet box there so i was thinking a pair of the 110 at an angle would work.
Great post:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks