Name That Shower Drain - A Picture Post Online Game for Plumbers and Tile Men

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; from Sparky, That drain would have been fine if they would have run the the liner over the top of that flange, and screwed it to the 1 1/2" riser sticking up above the floor. Sheesh.

That is why we don't let electricians play the game. The linre attaches to the flange UNDER the tile not on top of the strainer, the pipe had better be 2" if it was done by a professiona, and the liner does NOT "screw" to the pipe. Sheesh!!!! What difference does it make WHOSE drain it is? If the tile is "wet" around the drain it is an installation/tile problem, NOT a "shower drain" problem.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Hj...... I must be missing the humor??? Hi rise condo = Fire blocking and all plumbing by. Master plumber!

John ... Strange how both niches landed where they did!!!

I am not keeping score but i think im winning!!!

We dont always get to choose tile and layout but still aim for a tight install?

2.jpg

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I thought that was part of a good layout...not luck!

I was busting his balls - Douche Bag. Get a life Jim. This game is not for wanna be tile men or expert know it all's like you that are goggle educated. I see at least a couple other pros (men who tile for a living) are tired of your posts on your other hangout forum. Go away. And I mean that in a in your face kind of way....

CounterBalance - please tell me you knew I was busting your balls.

After hours of layout at framing stage my niches always get lucky - as do Counter Balance's and Roberto's. It's one of my lines with my clients..... "That was lucky!"

I stopped using it after three day flood tests since most clients did not get it.

Jim - on a job site (where men work) there is a constant bander going on. If you left your cave and stopped selling the orange stuff. Maybe went to work you might know this. And again - this discussion is for plumbers, tile men and Vegas. Vegas can play since he, unlike you has shared play by play builds and also works in the business. I'm sure he can appreciate the banter.

Like my Buddy who named his apprentice "Snake Bite" after walking into a Hot 14/2 wire. Snake Bite after the mark left by the shock on his arm.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
good times!!!

John, yes i knew you meant that jokingly!

I also did not see Jims comment as derogatory...

Furthermore I guess I missed sparkys OP that HJ is refrencing..

Need to get my laptop fixed , tough to keep up here on my iphone w/ man sausage fingers

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I'll never name one of these drains. I just hate it when you guys leave me out, dammit.

What's the winner get?

First place gets my 9" Chubby

Second place gets the 7" version....

What's the score. I think so far it's neck and neck.

chubbys-carpenter-pencils.jpg

I bet you boys have never held a seven inch Chubby before. Never mind a nine inch.....

THAT WAS ALSO A JOKE - but probably true..... LOL

OK - I took a nice nasty picture at work today of one of Vancouver's top selling Point Drains. It also happens to be the crappiest drain I have ever reviewed.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Score update for the name that drain contest

Score Update.

After four rounds we have a tie.

2 - JW
2 - CounterBalace
0 - Roberto
0 - Vegas
0 - Terry
0 - HJ

Scoring is based on 1 point for a proper name and 1 point if someone fails to name it.... Rules are subject to change without notice.

OK - Before anyone gets upset, this is also a joke.....

I thought Terry would have done better at this game.

I think if you do not guess or submit a drain you also loos a point. I think that's fair.

Last edited:

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
I like the zero mark, John.

That's a BBS crappy drain , the one you don't to have installed. Easy access for maintanceLOL

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Sorry Roberto - Wrong answer. You guys are not trying very hard. The name is right on the drain. Can't you see it under the mild?

Between 1 and 2 o'clock

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I suck at drains, so I started a thread like this down in the electrical forum. Feel free to play there too, fellas. It'll have better chicks than John's game. LOL

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
Its listed 5 forums above Joke of the Day, here on Terrys site. I came across a rare(by Vegas standards) piece of equipment yesterday, and had to share a pic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks