Name of this outdoor spigot

Users who are viewing this thread

Hdmstng

Reaction score
I am looking to add a remote spigot that is closer to my garden, which is about 100 feet away from the house. I wanted to replace the current spigot with something along the lines in the picture, that has a hose bib as well as an outlet that I can run the water line to the remote spigot near my garden. I've looked around and can't seem to find what is pictured. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated!

After posting it looks like this is just a spigot with a T attached for the irrigation portion and check valve. What I would like is one that is all one piece with the valve located inside the building envelope for winter time. But may just have to go with the home made version.

61892194_10161774168430156_4130674153999040512_n.jpg

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you have a basement and how is it you want to exit the house for a new water line? This type of backflow preventer is good because it can be used for below grade applications and inside in heated space for the winter. If the water line needs to exit the house above grade and buried 100 ft, fashion shut off and drain valves on the inside. The only shutoff would be at the spigot during summer and for winter turn off the water at the backflow and drain the line. Is this what you were asking?

Hdmstng

Reaction score
We do have a basement so running the lines won't be a problem. A couple of years back we expanded our patio so ther current spigot is close to the concrete and hoses go across the patio now.

Plan would be to move the dryer vent and put the feed to the remote spigot for the garden and a new hose bib/spigot as well.

Think your idea of the back flow preventer and valves on the inside is better. Could also just put a separate spigot further away and not the combo version.

Plus planned on running electric in the same trench for my shed by the garden.

Attachments

• 20190529_190421.jpg
    20190529_190421.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 20190529_190436.jpg
    20190529_190436.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 190
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks