Nail polish remover

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles2

Reaction score
Will it hurt the finish on a Mancesa Valencia white china lav to use acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover on it? What about on a Peerless chrome faucet and pop-up W&O?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Acetone shouldn't hurt glazed porcelain, but it can play havoc with paint and plastics. Some faucets (in fact most) have some plastic parts that look like metal on and in them. Acetone could very well eat them up. Spilling a bunch down the drain could mess up some plastic parts, including the pop-up assembly. Acetone will soften and disolve some plastics, and can weld them together after it evaporates.

T. Scott

Reaction score
Most of the faucets in my house have a clear-coat finish on them. I would think the nail polish remover would be a risk to use on them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks