Mystery Tub/Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave Keller

Reaction score
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
I'm trying to identify a valve for repair. It is dripping from the end of the cartridge, behind the handle.
It's a 2012 vintage.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Turn the main off, remove the cartridge and take it to a plumbing house, not HD, for identification.

If you have shut off screws in the rough in, turn them off instead of the main.

Dave Keller

Reaction score
Turn the main off, remove the cartridge and take it to a plumbing house, not HD, for identification.

If you have shut off screws in the rough in, turn them off instead of the main.
It doesn't have isolation valves. I didn't want to have to shut down the house water for a day while I treked around for a day looking for a new cartridge. That's why I was hoping someone would recognize the valve.

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
Most likely just a 40 mm cartridge.Unlikey to be a stepped cartridge so i would just measure the OD to make sure its not a 32mm .

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
There is but on shower cartridges they are usually flat and not raized.Most cartridges in my country are very similer. We seem to be very similer to Europe so I cant comment about the States but from the look of the cartridge it has that look of a common cartridge. There is only one way and that is to take it out . Sometimes just nipping up the retaining nut can stop a leak on a cartridge from my experience. The o rings may not be making proper contact on the body.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks