Mysterious smell from shower

Users who are viewing this thread

BR721

Reaction score
A bathroom in our home that was previously only used a couple times a month for 3 years is now being used regularly. Since the shower in particular has been in use, there is a new increasing sweet odor. It doesn’t smell wet or like mildew. It smells a lot Iike some kind of almond body wash-very nutty. I know that sounds strange. The smell is strongest on the floor of the shower and the drain. The tile walls of the shower and the walls of the bathroom do not smell BUT the floor of the bathroom (not just the shower)AND the wood floor that leads into the bathroom totally stink of this smell. I covered the drain tonight to see if it will
Help, but could there be a leak? The bathroom is above a well insulated garage. I see no “obvious” signs of a leak.any ideas? Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks