My well cap is welded shut! Really

Users who are viewing this thread

Jntt

Reaction score
Just purchased a place in arizona (we are from Washington state) just found out that the well not only is capped but welded on. How do I remove it so I can finally get some water? Thank you

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Are there any pipes and/or wires visible? Maybe the well was sealed because it is not viable or contaminated. Is the cap above grade? Got pics?

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cutting torch or grinder

Very common to weld a plate on the top of casing on a well that doesn’t have a pump installed. Is there supposed to be a pump installed in your well already?

Reach4

Reaction score
It was a while before I realized that an angle grinder more often mounts a cutoff wheel than a grinding wheel. Cool tool. Wear safety goggles, because stuff flies.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
One needs to be careful with the "skinny disk" cutoff wheels. They cannot take the abuse of using them at any but a right angle. Wear a full face shield, not just goggles. Also gauntlet style leather gloves and long sleeves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks